Custom Search

Saturday 25 April 2009

If I could...

Find more blogs from this author here: Pierre Castonguay

If I could...


If I could have asked Life for a favor, before my soul came inside my body at the moment of my birth about a specific location I would have said that I want to live in North America in an area so specific in itself that it is a country inside a great country. I would have expressed the will to live in a large island wich is part of an archipelago, and the opportunity to work in the neighboring island at the center of which lies a mountain. I would have chosen an urban area.

I would have expressed the will to be bilingual french and english for the culture and the sciences. And by chance I would have taken long walks in a peninsula a few minutes from my house.

My country is Canada and I am Québécois. So I live in Quebec: a territory so special that it is a francophone country inside the great canadian territory. Quebec is a vast geographical area corresponding to more than four times the size of France. I was born in an island that is part of the Hochelaga Archipelago. I'm in the urban environment of Laval and Montreal This blog is the result of my thoughts when I'm walking in the peninsula that borders the center of the south shore of my island.

Si je pouvais avoir demandé une faveur à la vie, avant que mon âme soit venue dans mon corps au moment de ma naissance sur un endroit précis, j'aurais dit que je veux vivre en Amérique du Nord dans un domaine aussi spécifique en lui-même qu'il s'agit d'un pays dans un grand pays. Je voudrais avoir exprimé la volonté de vivre dans une grande île qui fait partie d'un archipel, et la possibilité de travailler dans l'île voisine au centre duquel se trouve une montagne. J'aurais choisi une zone urbaine.

J'aurais exprimé la volonté d'être bilingue français et anglais à cause de la culture et des sciences. Et j'autais demandé d'avoir la chance de pouvoir prendre de longues promenades dans une presqu'île à quelques minutes de ma maison.

Mon pays est le Canada et je suis Québécois. Alors je vis au Québec: un territoire si particulier qu'il est un pays francophone à l'intérieur du grand territoire canadien. Québec est une vaste zone géographique correspondant à plus de quatre fois la taille de la France. Je suis né dans une île qui fait partie de l'archipel d'Hochelaga. Je suis dans l'environnement urbain de Laval et de Montréal Ce blog est le résultat de mes réflexions lorsque je marche dans la presqu'île qui borde le centre de la rive sud de mon île.







No comments:

Post a Comment